Changing Paths: Travels and Meditations in Alaska's Arctic Wilderness
Bill Sherwonit (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
"Changing Paths in Alaska's Arctic Wilderness" is an autobiographical exploration of author Bill Sherwonit's relationship to the Alaska wilderness. Written in three parts, it first describes Sherwonit's introduction to the Brooks Range and his years as an exploration geologist. Part two takes the author deeper into the past, to explore his childhood roots in rural Connecticut and his recognition of wild nature as refuge, while part three follows the author as he becomes a nature writer and wilderness advocate. This book makes an extraordinary contribution to the literature of place from one of Alaska's most accomplished writers.
About the Author
Bill Sherwonit is a widely published journalist and nature writer and has written ten previous books on Alaska.
- Contributor: Bill Sherwonit
- Imprint: University of Alaska Press
- ISBN13: 9781602230606
- Number of Pages: 220
- Packaged Dimensions: 15x23x1mm
- Packaged Weight: 425
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: University of Alaska Press
- Release Date: 2009-12-04
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Bill Sherwonit is a widely published journalist and nature writer and has written ten previous books on Alaska.