This new title provides a comprehensive account of the law and practice governing public law child protection proceedings. The book is divided into detailed parts examining the following topics:
* Background and General Principles of Child Protection
* Child Protection Measures Short of Care Proceedings
* Emergency Intervention
* Care Proceedings: From Issue to Final Hearing
* Care Proceedings: Final Hearings and Final Orders
* Alternatives to the Making of a Final Care Order
The extensive text is supplemented by updated appendices containing key extracts from statutory and other materials.