Our comprehensive guide to the child support scheme provides clear, practical guidance for parents and their advisers.
The handbook explains, in an accessible way:
* how to apply for child support
* the powers that the Child Maintenance Service and Child Support Agency have
* how maintenance is calculated
* how to challenge decisions and make complaints
* what happens if you do not pay child support, including powers to deduct money from bank accounts
Fully indexed and cross-referenced to legislation and caselaw, this latest edition of the Child Support Handbook has been restructured to reflect the fact that most cases are now being dealt with under the latest scheme, introduced from 2012. Practical examples of maintenance calculations and tactical hints and tips for dealing with the Child Maintenance Service and Child Support Agency are also included.