Christian Socialism as Political Ideology: The Formation of the British Christian Left, 1877-1945
Anthony A.J. Williams (Author)
PRE-ORDER released 19 May 2022
In this book, Anthony Williams investigates the history of Christian Socialist thought in Britain from the late nineteenth to mid-twentieth century. Through analysis of the writings of ten key Christian Socialists from the period, Williams reframes the ideology of Christian Socialism as a coherent and influential body of political thought - moving the study of Christian Socialism away from historical narratives and towards political ideology. The book sheds new light on a key period in British political development, in particular Williams demonstrates how the growth of the Christian Socialist movement exercised a profound impact on the formation of the British Labour party, which would go on to radically change 20th century politics in Britain.
About the Author
Dr Anthony A. J. Williams is Lecturer in Political Theory at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. He is an early-career academic with research interests in political theory, political ideologies and Christian political thought in particular.
- Contributor: Anthony A.J. Williams
- Imprint: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- ISBN13: 9780755634996
- Number of Pages: 256
- Packaged Dimensions: 156x234mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Release Date: 2022-05-19
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Dr Anthony A. J. Williams is Lecturer in Political Theory at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. He is an early-career academic with research interests in political theory, political ideologies and Christian political thought in particular.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.