Code Name Bananas
Code Name Bananas is the latest David Walliams book to hit our shelves, promising an action adventure full of hilarious moments and unforgettable characters for 2020.
Set during World War Two, Walliams takes us back in time to 1940?s Britain and the Blitz. There we meet eleven year old Eric who loves spending time with zookeeper Uncle Sid and the animals at London Zoo. He loves all the animals, but he has a special bond with his favourite; Gertrude the gorilla.
As Nazi bombs fall, Eric realises his friend needs saving and rescues Gertrude from the zoo with help from Uncle Sid. The three of them hide out at the seaside, but soon they stumble upon a top-secret Nazi plot that will require all their wits and bravery to stop.
Filled with wonderful illustrations by Tony Ross and the magical storytelling that never fails to leave little ones flushed with adventure; Code Name Bananas is an unmissable read for Christmas 2020.
Join David Walliams on this action-packed, laugh-out-loud adventure for all the family!
PRAISE FOR DAVID WALLIAMS:
'Another triumph for David Walliams. His books are a breath of wonderful fresh air' - The Sun
'[Walliams' books] are brilliantly, beautifully and seemingly effortlessly written - Mr Dahl finally has a worthy successor' - Telegraph
'Walliams understands something crucial about children and stories' Metro
About the Author
- Contributor: David Walliams
- Imprint: HarperCollins Publishing
- ISBN13: 9780008305833
- Number of Pages: 480
- Packaged Dimensions: 141x222mm
- Packaged Weight: 580
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishing
- Release Date: 2020-11-05
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: David Walliams has revolutionised reading for children and become one of the most influential children?s writers today. Since the publication of his ground-breaking first novel, The Boy in the Dress (2008), Walliams has seen unprecedented growth with global sales exceeding 40 million copies, and his books translated into 53 languages. Born in London, Tony Ross went to art school in Liverpool. His cartoons have appeared in famous publications the world over. His first book, Hugo and the Wicked Winter, was published in 1972. Tony has since written over 100 books and illustrated over 2000! His creations Towser and The Little Princess have been turned into TV series.
Standard Delivery Delivered to your address within 3-5 working days£2.49
- Free On Orders Over £25
Next Working Day Delivery Delivered to your address the next working day (order by 12 noon, Mon-Thurs)£4.99
Click and Collect - Next Working Day Delivered to store before 5pm next working day (order by 12 noon Mon-Thurs)£1.49