The aim of this book is to provide a unified exposition of the theory of symmetric designs with emphasis on recent developments. The authors cover the combinatorial aspects of the theory giving particular attention to the construction of symmetric designs and related objects. The last five chapters of the book are devoted to balanced generalized weighing matrices, decomposable symmetric designs, subdesigns of symmetric designs, non-embeddable quasi-residual designs, and Ryser designs. Most results in these chapters have never previously appeared in book form. The book concludes with a comprehensive bibliography of over 400 entries. Researchers in all areas of combinatorial designs, including coding theory and finite geometries, will find much of interest here. Detailed proofs and a large number of exercises make this book suitable as a text for an advanced course in combinatorial designs. Worked examples or Exercises
About the Author
Yury J. Ionin is a Professor of Mathematics at Central Michigan University, USA. Mohan S. Shrikhande is a Professor of Mathematics at Central.
- Contributor: Yury J. Ionin
- Imprint: Cambridge University Press
- ISBN13: 9780521818339
- Number of Pages: 534
- Packaged Dimensions: 159x235x30mm
- Packaged Weight: 982
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Release Date: 2006-05-25
- Series: New Mathematical Monographs
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Yury J. Ionin is a Professor of Mathematics at Central Michigan University, USA. Mohan S. Shrikhande is a Professor of Mathematics at Central.