Complex-Valued Matrix Derivatives: With Applications in Signal Processing and Communications
Are Hjorungnes (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
In this complete introduction to the theory of finding derivatives of scalar-, vector- and matrix-valued functions with respect to complex matrix variables, Hjorungnes describes an essential set of mathematical tools for solving research problems where unknown parameters are contained in complex-valued matrices. The first book examining complex-valued matrix derivatives from an engineering perspective, it uses numerous practical examples from signal processing and communications to demonstrate how these tools can be used to analyze and optimize the performance of engineering systems. Covering un-patterned and certain patterned matrices, this self-contained and easy-to-follow reference deals with applications in a range of areas including wireless communications, control theory, adaptive filtering, resource management and digital signal processing. Over 80 end-of-chapter exercises are provided, with a complete solutions manual available online. Worked examples or Exercises; 17 Tables, black and white; 10 Line drawings, unspecified
About the Author
Are Hjorungnes is a Professor in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences at the University of Oslo, Norway. He is an Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications and has served as a Guest Editor of the IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing and the IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications.
- Contributor: Are Hjorungnes
- Imprint: Cambridge University Press
- ISBN13: 9780521192644
- Number of Pages: 270
- Packaged Dimensions: 179x253x17mm
- Packaged Weight: 690
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Release Date: 2011-02-24
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Are Hjorungnes is a Professor in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences at the University of Oslo, Norway. He is an Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications and has served as a Guest Editor of the IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing and the IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.