Contemporary Cases in Sport: Volume 1 examines 12 international cases under the sections of policy and politics, impacts and legacy, and identity and experiences. Cases include: the economics of international sports events, sport and corporate social responsibility, leveraging benefits from sports events, resident impacts of sports events, sport and visitor behaviour and nostalgia and sport, and more. Written by established experts in the field, the volume comprises substantial, in-depth and detailed case studies, written with specific learning objectives in mind. Furthermore, each case is fully referenced in academic style and accompanied by a wealth of supplementary material including discussion questions, further reading and links to websites. Teaching notes, slides, essay questions, exam questions with guide answers, links to further resources are also available from the website (www.goodfellowpublishers.com).
All cases within Contemporary Cases in Sport: Volume 1 are available for individual download from the Contemporary Cases Online website (see www.goodfellowpublishers.com) or for e-readers (Kindle, Kobo), and can be purchased in a `pick-and-mix' fashion to suit the needs of the reader. The online cases are packed with hyperlinks to original sources, further readings and websites. Readers can follow these links to obtain further information about the specific concepts, terms, issues and organisations identified in each case.
Features of this book and those in the series include:
* Topical currency: a series of up-to-date, topical case studies in the allied fields of tourism, heritage, hospitality, leisure, retail, events and sport;
* Rich, in-depth treatment of material: extensive case studies with copious illustrative material to draw students in to the cases;
* Additional student material: discussion questions, further reading, links to websites;
* Tutor resources: teaching notes, slides, essay questions, exam questions with guide answers, links to further resources;
* Online purchase: individual cases chapters will be available for purchase individually or in volume packages.
Also in this series - Contemporary Cases in Tourism Volume 1.
Dr Brian Garrod is Reader in Tourism Management at Aberystwyth University.
Professor Alan Fyall is Deputy Dean Research & Enterprise in the School of Tourism, Bournemouth University.