Some cars are big and powerful, while others are very small. Some can even fly or float on water! Find out about some of the world's coolest and most unusual cars in this highly photographic information book.
* Collins Big Cat Progress builds confidence, helping struggling pupils not only to read, but to love reading
* Dual-banded books provide age-appropriate interest level material matched with a lower reading ability level
* Every book is levelled by reading expert Cliff Moon to ensure precise, systematic, measurable progression to help close the ability gap
* The books use a range of reading strategies: phonic, graphic, syntactic and contextual to build confident, accurate, fluent readers
* Designed to build speaking and listening skills, as well as reading skills, the books are highly visual and include incredible illustrations and photographs
* Every book has a Key Stage 2 look-and-feel to engage older pupils and avoid stigmatisation
* Topics are relevant for children in years 3-6 and connected to the curriculum and framework objectives for these years to support inclusion
* Progress titles contain a Reader Response page to encourage the pupil to respond to and recall what they have read. This offers an ideal opportunity to check comprehension
* Ideas for Reading, written by primary literacy expert Gill Howell are included in the back of every book to help you support the reading needs of each child
John Foster is a well-known anthologist and poet and has compiled several wonderful collections - WHAM BANG ORANGUTANG being one of the best known (OUP), and he wrote the poem of the title. He travels extensively to help promote his books.