The trend towards a more secular culture in Western society means that there can be greater flexibility in a wedding ceremony, but couples are often faced with the challenge of preparing a meaningful celebration outside the traditional religious framework. This hands-on, practical guide demonstrates how to approach and prepare a secular wedding ceremony that honours a couple's relationship with honest vows and rituals true to their shared values. In addition, it provides guidance on structuring a ceremony for couples that come from very different cultural or spiritual backgrounds. Includes the tools necessary for the creation of a ceremony, such as a Ritual Identity Questionnaire, checklists, and many other resources.
Also available on eBook for £11.59. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Jeltje Gordon-Lennox is an author, psychotherapist, and founder of the Ashoka Association (Ashoka.ch), where she trains secular celebrants in the craft of secular ritualization. Jeltje lives in Switzerland.
- Contributor: Jeltje Gordon-Lennox
- Imprint: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- ISBN13: 9781785923906
- Number of Pages: 192
- Packaged Dimensions: 150x228x18mm
- Packaged Weight: 236
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Release Date: 2019-07-18
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Jeltje Gordon-Lennox is an author, psychotherapist, and founder of the Ashoka Association (Ashoka.ch), where she trains secular celebrants in the craft of secular ritualization. Jeltje lives in Switzerland.