Cribbage Boards: 1863-1998
Bette L. Bemis (Author)
Enjoyed since Sir John Suckling invented this popular card game in the early 1600s, cribbage is examined here in full-color photos and engaging text. Over 350 color photographs enliven the discussion, displaying many appealing styles and variations. Cribbage boards of war and peace, with 61 and 121 point scoring, and on which pegs follow the straight and narrow or meander across the board in innovative street designs all are featured here. Also a history of the game and of the American companies that have produced cribbage boards such as H. Baron Co., E.S. Lowe, Milton Bradley, and Whitman Publishing is provided. Pictured and discussed are boards created from exotic materials including ivory and bone, and methods for determining the age of heirloom boards. Rounding out the presentation are cribbage board values and an extensive bibliography. A must for card game lovers, gamblers, and collectors alike. 350 color photos
About the Author
Bette L. Bemis, founded the Cribbage Board Collectors Society and operates a mail order business, Bette's Cribb, specializing in all things cribbage.
- Contributor: Bette L. Bemis
- Imprint: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- ISBN13: 9780764309779
- Number of Pages: 160
- Packaged Dimensions: 216x279mm
- Packaged Weight: 0
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Release Date: 1999-11-09
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Bette L. Bemis, founded the Cribbage Board Collectors Society and operates a mail order business, Bette's Cribb, specializing in all things cribbage.