This original collection explores how critical gerontology can make sense of old age inequalities to inform and improve social work research, policy and practice and empower older people. With examples of practice-facing research, this book engages with key debates on age-related human rights and social justice issues. The critical and conceptual focus will expand the horizons of those who work with older people, addressing the current challenges, issues and opportunities that they face. Publisher's extent note; 2 Tables, black and white; 2 Illustrations, black and white
About the Author
Sandra Torres is Professor of Sociology and Chair of Social Gerontology at Uppsala University.Sarah Donnelly is Assistant Professor of Social Work at University College Dublin.
- Contributor: Sandra Torres
- Imprint: Policy Press
- ISBN13: 9781447360445
- Number of Pages: 212
- Packaged Dimensions: 156x234mm
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Bristol University Press
- Release Date: 2022-04-01
- Series: Research in Social Work
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Sandra Torres is Professor of Sociology and Chair of Social Gerontology at Uppsala University.Sarah Donnelly is Assistant Professor of Social Work at University College Dublin.