DescriptionAlthough stock-appearing, running oval tracks at 200 mph the Cup car generates huge aerodynamic forces. Under the skin the Cup car is purpose-designed for racing albeit around some mandatory components that are strangely archaic. It all adds up to a fascinating engineering challenge. Published annually, Cup Race Technology explains in depth how some of the finest minds in motorsport rise to this fascinating and unique challenge.?Intro: THE EDITOR - Right across the spectrum of stockcar racing, proper engineering is taking over from backyard mechanics?Grid: IN THE NEWS - NASCAR unveils at-track optical scanning of car body shapes, details of the single-engine rule for 2018, and more??In Conversation: GARY NELSON - NASCAR?s former vice-president of rd talks to Anne Proffit about his career highlights?Dossier: 2018 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 CUP - When Chevrolet stopped producing the SS its NASCAR division opted for the Camaro ZL1 as a Cup replacement. Lawrence Butcher charts its development?Insight: NASCAR RD 2017 - NASCAR?s senior aerodynamicist Eric Jacuzzi looks back at the impact of some technologies in 2017, and which areas to expand for 2018?Insight: XFINITY COMPOSITE BODIES - Lawrence Butcher reports on the project to design and produce new composite bodywork for the Xfinity series?Digest: RAY EVERNHAM?S ?GHOST? - Lawrence Butcher explains how one man realized his dream of building the racer he?d always wanted?Insight: KEVIN RUMLEY ON DIRT LATE MODELS - The Rumley device prompted a clampdown on suspension design in Dirt Late Model racing, writes Lawrence Butcher. Here?s how it worked?Technical Review - Lawrence Butcher looks at some of the notable developments in short track technology since 2017?Appendix - What are the differences between the three classes of NASCAR We explain?Supplier directory - Our listing of the companies providing products and services for the NASCAR community?PS: RULE BENDER - As NASCAR brings in its Optical Scanning Station at race tracks, we look back on the exploits of arch-bender of the rules, Smokey Yunick
About This Subscription
What Will I Receive?
• Please note that this magazine subscription is delivered directly to your chosen address by the publisher, and does not come in a gift pack
• Your subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not be the current issue that is available in the shops at the time of order.
When Will I Start Receiving My Subscription?
• As soon as you place your order we will take payment from you, email you a summary of your order and, pass your order to the relevant magazine publisher.
• Once the publisher has confirmed the order (this may take up to 10 days) we will email you confirmation of this, along with delivery estimates for your 1st issue.
As a guide (for UK Publications), please allow:
• 3-5 weeks for Weekly publications
• 5-9 weeks for Monthly publications
• 13 weeks for Bi-monthly and Quarterly Publications.
Orders for magazines printed outside of the UK may take an additional 2-3 weeks.
- ID: 9018000019073
- barcode: 9771758830003
- product type: magazine subscriptions
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: No
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: No