Death of an Old Master: (Lord Francis Powerscourt)
David Dickinson (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 2 weeks
In May 1901 the Salisbury Galleries announce the biggest exhibition of the Old Master Paintings ever seen in Europe. Excitement is intense. But before it opens, one of Britain's leading art experts, Christopher Montague, is found murdered in his study. When Lord Francis Powerscourt is called in to investigate he finds every book, notepad and scrap of paper has been removed from the scene of the crime. Montague had been working on something that would have rocked the art world. Did his article that claimed a number of the Old Masters had been painted recently by a single hand have anything to do with his death? Powerscourt embarks on an odyssey through a treacherous world of art dealers and picture restorers in pursuit of a master forger. He travels to Sicily where the trail goes cold, but, after the thrills and danger of that wild, lawless isalnd, in a remopte corer of England, the truth is finally revealed.
Also available on eBook for £2.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
David Dickinson was born in Dublin. With an honours degree in Classics from Cambridge, David Dickinson joined the BBC, where he became editor of Newsnight and Panorama, as well as series editor for Monarchy, a three-part programme on the British royal family.
- Contributor: David Dickinson
- Imprint: Robinson Publishing
- ISBN13: 9781845295806
- Number of Pages: 416
- Packaged Dimensions: 132x195x29mm
- Packaged Weight: 344
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
- Release Date: 2007-07-26
- Series: Lord Francis Powerscourt
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: David Dickinson was born in Dublin. With an honours degree in Classics from Cambridge, David Dickinson joined the BBC, where he became editor of Newsnight and Panorama, as well as series editor for Monarchy, a three-part programme on the British royal family.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.