Deep Change: Professional Development From the Inside Out
Angela B. Peery (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Professional development for teachers is at a crucial period. In order to help students meet demanding new standards, teachers must teach differently and have greater success than ever before. In order to teach better, teachers must experience powerful professional development. Inservice, as educators now know it, must change. The concept of "teacher as learner" must be explored more deeply by educators. At the core of this concept is the idea that many reforms undertaken in the name of greater student learning also apply to the ongoing learning of teachers. In Deep Change, Peery examines both theory and practice and recommends five key processes for increasing teacher learning which will improve staff development at a minimal cost. Peery also includes numerous examples of teacher growth taken from diverse contexts. Whether you are a principal, staff development administrator, or teacher-leader coaching other educators-and regardless of the unique complexities of your school-you will find ideas to liven and intensify the learning of teachers in this book.
About the Author
Angela B. Peery is a teacher specialist for the South Carolina Department of Education, adjunct faculty member of the Graduate School of Education at Coastal Carolina University, co-director of the Coastal Area Writing Project, and a former high school English teacher and assistant principal.
- Contributor: Angela B. Peery
- Imprint: Rowman & Littlefield Education
- ISBN13: 9781578860487
- Number of Pages: 152
- Packaged Dimensions: 145x220x11mm
- Packaged Weight: 231
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Release Date: 2004-04-10
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Angela B. Peery is a teacher specialist for the South Carolina Department of Education, adjunct faculty member of the Graduate School of Education at Coastal Carolina University, co-director of the Coastal Area Writing Project, and a former high school English teacher and assistant principal.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.