Defining Civil and Political Rights provides a comprehensive analysis and commentary on the decisions - technically known as views - of the United Nations Human Rights Committee, for use by human rights lawyers throughout the world. Each of the substantive rights and freedoms set out in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights is considered in detail, by analysis of final reviews and comments of the Human Rights Committee. This second edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to take account of recent jurisprudence on the Human Rights Committee. New material has been added based upon substantive areas of the committee's jurisprudence.
Also available on eBook for £39.09. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Alex Conte, Consultant on Security and Human Rights, France and Richard Burchill, Director of the McCoubrey Centre for International Law and Senior Lecturer in Law, University of Hull, UK
- Contributor: Alex Conte
- Imprint: Ashgate Publishing Limited
- ISBN13: 9780754676560
- Number of Pages: 408
- Packaged Dimensions: 156x234mm
- Packaged Weight: 454
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Release Date: 2009-03-27
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Alex Conte, Consultant on Security and Human Rights, France and Richard Burchill, Director of the McCoubrey Centre for International Law and Senior Lecturer in Law, University of Hull, UK
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.