A comprehensive and practical guide to dementia, this book is essential reading for anyone who has a friend or relative with the condition. This updated edition reflects new guidance on approaches to supporting people with dementia, focussing especially on the UK, and includes quotes from people with dementia as well as from family carers. The book explores each stage of the journey people with dementia face and explains how it affects the person, as well as those around them both at home and in residential settings. It shows how best to offer support and where to get professional and informal assistance. Focussing on the progressive nature of dementia and the issues that can arise as a result, it gives practical advice that can help to ensure the best possible quality of life both for the person with dementia and the people around them.
Also available on eBook for £7.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Dave Pulsford was formerly Senior Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing at the University of Central Lancashire, UK, and is now retired.Rachel Thompson is Admiral Nurse Professional & Practice Development Lead for Dementia UK in London, UK.
- Contributor: Dave Pulsford
- Imprint: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- ISBN13: 9781785924378
- Number of Pages: 304
- Packaged Dimensions: 136x216x26mm
- Packaged Weight: 310
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Release Date: 2019-11-21
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Dave Pulsford was formerly Senior Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing at the University of Central Lancashire, UK, and is now retired.Rachel Thompson is Admiral Nurse Professional & Practice Development Lead for Dementia UK in London, UK.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.