Democratization is the most comprehensive volume on this critical field of contemporary politics, with insightful coverage of the key theories, actors, dynamics, and developments. This authoritative guide brings together leading experts from diverse international backgrounds, including some of the best known names in the field, making it an invaluable resource to students of democratization.
This second edition reflects the dramatic changes in today's political world, with empirical coverage of developments on every continent. It considers the role of new technologies, including a dedicated chapter on social media and democratization, as well as the resilience of authoritarianism and renewed antidemocratic tendencies in many parts of the world.
The book is accompanied by a range of online resources designed to support both students and lecturers.
- Revise key terms and test your knowledge of terminology from the book with our digital flashcard glossary.
- Expand your knowledge of key developments in world affairs with additional case studies.
- Take your learning further with links to reliable web content and relevant OUP journals.
For registered adopters of the textbook:
- Guide class debate with suggested seminar questions and activities.
- Adapt PowerPoint(R) slides as a basis for lecture presentations, or use as handouts in class.