Derwent Professional Graphic Soft Pencils (Pack of 4)
Check store availability
Ten Top Tips for Using Graphic Pencils by Kathryn Barstow:
- •Make a tonal swatch for each of the Graphic degrees on a strip of card for easy tonal comparison.
- •For quick and effective backgrounds, use a craft knife to scrape graphite from the tip of the pencil and then rub it into the paper with a paper stump.
- •Very hard graphic pencils (e.g. 9H), can be used in a similar way to an indenting tool, particularly good for adding detail to the iris of an eye.
- •To even out the texture of a soft pencil (e.g. 4B), shade over with a slightly harder pencil (HB).
- •To add interest to dark areas, you can add shapes into your drawing with a hard pencil (e.g. 2H), then go over lightly with a softer lead (e.g. 6B) - the harder pencil will show through.
- •Use a paper stump to soften edges and smooth out shading.
- •Don't throw away stubs of paper stumps as these can be used for soft, fine shading.
- •To lift highlights or neaten edges use an eraser shield and battery eraser.
- •Use a Derwent eraser pencil and brush to gently brush debris off your paper/drawing.
- •Use small circular strokes to create texture in your shading.
- Pack Size: 4
- Packaged Dimensions: 230 x 95 x 10 mm
- Format: Graphic Pencils
- Brand: Derwent
- Collection: Professional
- Size: 4
Standard Delivery Delivered to your address within 7 - 10 days£2.49
- Free On Orders Over £15
Next Working Day Delivery Delivered to your address the next working day (order by 12 noon, Mon-Thurs)£4.99
Click and Collect - Next Working Day Delivered to store before 5pm next working day (order by 12 noon Mon-Thurs)£1.49
Same Day Click and Collect Delivered to Store Same Day (order before 4pm)Free