Derwent Professional Sketching Pencils (Pack of 4)
Ten Top Tips for Using Sketching Pencils by Linda Stevens
- •Use the pencils on their side to create a softer coverage. The Sketching Pencils have a fatter core so are ideal for this.
- •Initially use your pencil lightly, then press harder to create a light to dark tone.
- •Scrape pencil findings onto your paper using a sandpaper block. Rub over with your finger or paper stump to create a smoky effect.
- •Use a sandpaper block to shape the tip of your pencil.
- •Try crosshatching to builds up tone for shadows.
- •Lay a block of graphite down on the paper, scrape out a required design and then overlay with a darker pencil.
- •Make sure you keep a good long point on your pencil. The Derwent Superpoint Sharpener is ideal for this.
- •Touch the tip of the pencil lightly to paper and then drag it down so you produce thick and thin marks on your paper.
- •Try using your pencils on different paper surfaces for different results.
- •Using a battery eraser you can create the white of an eye by gently lifting the laid down pencil. Graphite is especially easy to remove if highlighting is required.
- Packaged Dimensions: 235 x 95 x 10 mm
- Packaged Weight: 30
- Format: Sketching Pencils
- Brand: Derwent
- Collection: Professional
- Size: 4
Standard Delivery Delivered to your address within 3-5 working days£2.49
- Free On Orders Over £25
Next Working Day Delivery Delivered to your address the next working day (order by 12 noon, Mon-Thurs)£4.99
Click and Collect - Next Working Day Delivered to store before 5pm next working day (order by 12 noon Mon-Thurs)£1.49