"The authors did an excellent job of engaging students by being empathetic to their anxieties while taking a research design course. The authors also present a convincing case of the relevancies of research in daily life by showing how information was used or misused to affect our personal and professional decisions." —Cherng-Jyh Yen, George Washington University
A practice-oriented, non-mathematical approach to understanding, planning, conducting, and interpreting research in education
Practical and applied, Designing and Conducting Research in Education is the perfect first step for students who will be consuming research as well as for those who will be actively involved in conducting research. Readers will find up-to-date examinations of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research approaches which have emerged as important components in the toolbox of educational research. Real-world situations are presented in each chapter taking the reader through various challenges often encountered in the world of educational research.
- Examines quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research approaches, which have emerged as important components in the toolbox of educational research
- Explains each step of the research process very practically to help students plan and conduct a research project in education
- Applies research in real-world situations by taking the reader through various challenges often encountered in field settings
- Includes a chapter on ethical issues in conducting research
- Provides a Student study site** **that offers the opportunity to interact with contemporary research articles in education
- Instructor Resources on CD provide a Computerized test bank, Sample Syllabi, General Teaching Tips and more
Intended audience: This book provides an introduction to research that emphasizes the fundamental concepts of planning and design. The book is designed to be a core text for the very first course on research methods. In some fields the first course is offered at an undergraduate level whereas in others it is a beginning graduate class.
"The book is perfect for introductory students. The language is top notch, the examples are helpful, and the graphic features (tables, figures) are uncomplicated and contain important information in an easy-to-understand format. Excellent text!" —John Huss, Northern Kentucky University
*"Designing and Conducting Research in Education is written in a style that is conducive to learning for the type of graduate students we teach here in the College of Education. I appreciate the 'friendly' tone and concise writing that the authors utilize." —Steven Harris, Tarleton State University
"A hands on, truly accessible text on how to design and conduct research"
—Joan P. Sebastian, National University*
- publication date: 18/12/2013
- ID: 9781483319483
- book language: en
- publisher: SAGE Publications
- publisher imprint: SAGE Publications, Inc
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes