Dim and Dimmer: Prospects for a New Enlightenment
Peter Heinegg (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
In today's world, we are witnessing both the spread of a hopeful secular humanism and the persistence of cultural traditions that mindlessly glorify humans and are paving the path to environmental collapse. Peter Heinegg addresses how we are now on a collision course heading toward ecological catastrophe-the one solution to this being a true "agonizing reappraisal" of who we are and how we do things. In Dim and Dimmer, Peter Heinegg tackles the question: "Can the 'New Enlightenment' already dawning save the day?"
About the Author
Peter Heinegg is a professor of English and world literature at Union College in Schenectady, New York, as well as an essayist, critic, and translator.
- Contributor: Peter Heinegg
- Imprint: Hamilton Books
- ISBN13: 9780761864165
- Number of Pages: 102
- Packaged Dimensions: 155x225x7mm
- Packaged Weight: 150
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: University Press of America
- Release Date: 2014-09-24
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Peter Heinegg is a professor of English and world literature at Union College in Schenectady, New York, as well as an essayist, critic, and translator.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.