This collection of original articles considers the perennial question 'What are persons?' It aims first of all to clarify the nature of the question and its relation to associated questions such as the nature of the human animal; how the concepts of human being, person, subject, and self are related; the persistence and unity of persons; and questions as to the conditions for personhood and personality. The 'dimensions' of the book's title reflects the volume's focus on the relations that persons have with themselves and each other.
About the Author
Heikki Ikaheimo and Arto Laitinen teach in the Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy at the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland.
- Contributor: Arto Laitinen
- Imprint: Imprint Academic
- ISBN13: 9781845400866
- Number of Pages: 250
- Packaged Dimensions: 135x210x18mm
- Packaged Weight: 350
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Imprint Academic
- Release Date: 2007-06-11
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Heikki Ikaheimo and Arto Laitinen teach in the Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy at the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.