The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring these dazzlingly diverse islands.
Take in the views as you ascend into Jamaica's Blue Mountains, stroll the cobbled colonial plazas of Habana Vieja, marvel at the majesty of St. Lucia's volcanic spires or watch Atlantic rollers crash ashore at Bathsheba, on the east coast of Barbados: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Caribbean with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Caribbean:
- Over 30 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Caribbean, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations depict sights such as the imposing Capitolio in Havana, the dramatically situated Castillo San Cristobal on Puerto Rico, the vast Brimstone Hill Fortress on St. Kitts and more
- Colour photographs of the Caribbean's colonial cities, colourful towns, varied landscapes - including beautiful beaches, semi-arid deserts, fern-filled rainforests, limestone plateaus, soaring volcanoes, towering mountains and colourful coral reefs - and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about these islands' fascinating histories, diverse cultures, colourful festivals, Caribbean cuisine and more
- Experience the Caribbean with features on beach life, popular diving and snorkelling spots, top sailing islands, popular watersports, flora and fauna, marine wildlife, music, festivals and events, best wedding and honeymoon islands and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover the Greater Antilles, including Cuba, Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico; the Leewards and French Antilles, including Virgin Islands, Anguilla, St. Martin/Sint Maarten, Saba and St. Eustatius, St. Kitts and Nevis, Antigua and Barbuda, Saint Barthelemy, Guadeloupe, Martinique; the Windwards and Barbados, including Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Grenada, Barbados; the Southern Caribbean, including Trinidad and Tobago, Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Caribbean is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to these beautiful islands.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.