The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this cultured and unique nation.
Take a guided Tokyo walking tour, bathe in hot springs, hike Japan's mountainous interior or visit peaceful temples: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Japan with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Japan:
- Over 30 colour maps, plus a Tokyo subway guide, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Japan, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans depict Tokyo National Museum, Senso-ji Temple, Nijo Castle, Himeji Castle, Taiyuin-byo Shrine and more
- Colour photographs of Japan's stunning landscape, temples and shrines, impressive castles and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Tokyo, Honshu, Kyoto, Shikoku, Kyushu, Okinawa and Hokkaido
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about history, festivals, rituals, values, beliefs and traditions
- Experience the culture with features on Japanese houses, sumo and the martial arts, Japanese traditional theatre, the samurai and Japanese traditional dress
- Essential travel tips - our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Japan is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Japan.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
On a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Tokyo guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.