DescriptionBehind the astonishing spectacle of professional drag racing is extreme engineering that is ultra-tightly focused but compared to other forms of motorsport no less complex for that. If anything the puzzle gets harder, the fewer are the variables that make the difference between winning and losing. The challenge of engineering and controlling the fastest accelerating vehicles in the world is thus a fascinating one that is revealed annually by Drag Race Technology. This publication uniquely gets to the nuts and bolts of a range of drag race cars, bikes and boats from around the world representing the state of the art in straight-line engineering and reveals the technologies that provide the winning edge.Intro: THE EDITOR - A combination of harnessing data and good old-fashioned racing intuition is the key to successful racingGrid: IN THE NEWS - What 2018 might have in store as a result of the changes to Pro Stock, fuel flow sensor unveiled for Top Fuel, and more?In Conversation: TIM WILKERSON - Anne Proffit finds out how the owner of this one-car band keeps giving the big names in Funny Car a run for their moneyDossier: VANCEHINES SCREAMIN? EAGLE STREET ROD - Lawrence Butcher talks to the men at the sharp end of this Pro Stock Motorcycle outfit to find what it takes to stay at the front of the fieldOverview: REAR GEARS - Lawrence Butcher introduces the key components in the rear drivetrains of drag racers, focusing on those for the Ford architectureDigest: PROCK PERFORMANCE DRAG RADIAL CORVETTE - Jeff Prock gives Lawrence Butcher an insight into his approach to running a high-performance, radial tire carInsight: TRACTION CONTROL - Luke Robinson explains how drag racing traction control and wheel speed management systems work, and how to get the best from themInsight: NITROUS AND EFI - Jeff Prock provides Lawrence Butcher with an insider?s take on the use of nitrous and EFI in modern drag racingDigest: ROBERT TIGHE RACING SCION - Lawrence Butcher charts the development of this Import drag racer, which has had its Honda I4 replaced by the iconic Toyota 2JZInsight: DYNAMIC RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT - Luke Robinson reports on the air dumps system, the latest development in Pro Stock ride height adjustmentAPPENDIX - Details of the drag racing sanctioning bodies and what the different classes consist ofDRAG RACING SUPPLIERS - Our listing of the companies providing products and services for the drag racing communityPS: BOB GLIDDEN AND DAN GURNEY - Our tribute to these legends of racing, who died in late 2017 and early 2018
About This Subscription
What Will I Receive?
• Please note that this magazine subscription is delivered directly to your chosen address by the publisher, and does not come in a gift pack
• Your subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not be the current issue that is available in the shops at the time of order.
When Will I Start Receiving My Subscription?
• As soon as you place your order we will take payment from you, email you a summary of your order and, pass your order to the relevant magazine publisher.
• Once the publisher has confirmed the order (this may take up to 10 days) we will email you confirmation of this, along with delivery estimates for your 1st issue.
As a guide (for UK Publications), please allow:
• 3-5 weeks for Weekly publications
• 5-9 weeks for Monthly publications
• 13 weeks for Bi-monthly and Quarterly Publications.
Orders for magazines printed outside of the UK may take an additional 2-3 weeks.
- ID: 9018000019091
- barcode: 9771759870008
- product type: magazine subscriptions
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: No
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: No