For a practical and insightful how-to on creating shared health care management, dive into Dyad Clinical Leadership. Offering expert guidance from a successful clinical dyad, this unique, forward-looking reference maps the way to enacting clinical co-leadership, while avoiding the pitfalls of power imbalances, communication gaps, and lack of management training.
Use the authors' proven methods and everyday examples to create collaborative co-management among clinicians from a range of disciplines-while reducing costs and improving patient outcomes.
o History of healthcare management, leadership models and payment systems
o Integrating and maximizing the skills of clinical and nonclinical professionals
o Forming dyad-led teams and multiple partnerships: Choosing or being assigned a partner, challenges of shared leadership; essential skills; sharing power; learning dyad skills
o Handling internal team problems, dynamics and power shifts
o The next era of health care management - leadership in hospitals, units, and clinics
o "Dyads in Action" - Real-life stories in each chapter detailing examples of team-building and how different teams have dealt with dyad challenges
* Numerous dyad examples, such as CMIO and CNIO, CMO and CNO, Chief Quality Officer and CNO
* Detailed, real-world direction on creating integrated management teams - Individual roles, providing management training, choosing leaders with complementary skills, making data-driven decisions
* Discusses organizational change management models and how to enact change management, develop high-functioning, multidisciplinary teams led by dyad leaders, and use design development tools
* Theoretical management models presented within real-life co-leadership scenarios
* Excellent guide for clinical and nonclinical leaders alike, including nurses, physicians, and all those interested in the new healthcare leadership model