Learn how to eat better and spend less with Economy Gastronomy.
'Delicious, thrifty, inspiring' - Guardian
Crammed full of over 100 mouth-watering recipes, creative ideas and practical tips, Economy Gastronomy will help you cook smarter, not harder, and along the way save you a lot of money.
You'll learn how easy it is to:
- Plan your meals and shrink your food bills
- Get two, or even three, meals out of one basic ingredient
- Turn leftovers into new and exciting dishes
- Stock your cupboards so there's always a meal in the house
- Shop seasonally, freeze and store food
With hearty breakfasts, tasty lunch-time bites as well as snacks, treats and dinner-party ideas - you'll be making luxurious meals without spending a fortune or discarding surplus food in no time.
* CARAMELISED ONION and CHESHIRE CHEESE TART
* SEARED SQUID with CHORIZO
* SPINACH HAM and RICOTTA GNOCCHI
* STICKY PORK RIBS with FIRE AND VINEGAR
* CHINESE STYLE CRISPY DUCK
* ONION BHAJIS, TARKA DHAL, and ALMOND RICE
With Economy Gastronomy you'll learn how to save money without scrimping on flavour.
Paul Merrett owns and runs the Victoria Pub and Dining Rooms in Sheen. He has been awarded a Michelin star twice, and is the author of Using the Plot: Tales of an Allotment Chef (2008).He was the presenter of BBC Two's Ever Wondered About Food... series, and co-presented a BBC Two ten-part prime-time series called The Best. Paul is married with two children. Allegra McEvedy co-founded Leon, the award-winning healthy, fast-food restaurant group. In 2008, she was awarded an MBE for services to the hospitality industry. She is the Resident Chef of the Guardian's G2, and writes a blog column for the Observer Food Monthly. Her second book Allegra McEvedy's Colour Cookbook won the IACP 2007 Cook Book award. She was born and educated in West London, where she still lives.