Exam Board: Endorsed for Edexcel
Level & Subject: AS / A-level Year 1 Maths
First teaching: September 2017 First exams: June 2018
Covering all the pure, mechanics and statistics content needed for AS and A-level Year 1 for the 2017 Edexcel specification, this Student Book combines comprehensive and supportive explanations with plenty of practice to prepare you for the new linear examinations.
Written by expert authors, this Student Book will:
* prepare you for linear assessment with topic links and exam-style practice questions in every chapter, plus an additional exam review chapter to extend and challenge
* help you take control of your learning with prior knowledge checks to assess readiness and end-of-chapter summaries that test understanding
* support you through the course with detailed explanations, clear worked examples and plenty of practice on each topic, with short answers in the book and full worked solutions available to teachers
* build the key A-level skills of problem-solving, modelling, communicating mathematically and working with proofs with questions to test these skills in every section
* give you plenty of practice in working with the Edexcel large data set with specially designed activities in the Statistics chapters
* set maths in the real-world contexts that emphasise practical applications and develop your skills using technology in maths.
Includes free Student ebook to give you flexibility to study and revise wherever and whenever you like.
Chris Pearce has an MA in maths and over 30 years' teaching experience at secondary level through KS3 to KS5. Now a full-time author, education advisor and examiner, he has written many bestselling KS3 and KS4 materials for Collins. Helen Ball is co-author of the new Collins Core Maths resources. She is an ex-IT project manager who switched to maths teaching, rising to Head of Mathematics and teaching from KS3 through to KS5. She is an IGCSE and A-level examiner. Michael Kent has 20 years' experience teaching Pure Maths, Mechanics and Statistics for AS and A Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics, twelve of them also leading a successful department. He co-authored the most recent editions of Collins' GCSE Maths Student Books.