Exam Board: Edexcel
Level & Subject: International GCSE Biology and Double Award Science
First teaching: September 2017 First exams: June 2019
Co-teach Edexcel International GCSE Biology and Double Award Science with our student book packed full of engaging content, practical skills features and questions, and rigorously updated for the new specifications.
* Ensure complete and comprehensive coverage of the new Edexcel International GCSE Biology 9-1 specification
* Co-teach Biology and Double Award Science with material for separate Biology clearly indicated
* Help students grasp challenging science with our clear and accessible content and full glossary support
* Prepare students for assessment with questions throughout, including worked examples and a full range of exam-style questions for each topic
* Establish and build on prior knowledge with `Starting Points' questions and a knowledge check at the beginning of each unit
* Build and apply the skills students need to understand and carry out practical investigations with `Developing investigative skills' boxes covering all required practicals and full further support in the accompanying Teacher Pack
* Encourage students to take responsibility for their learning using the end-of-unit checklists
Endorsed by Edexcel
Mike Smith is Head of Science at St. Anselm's College, Birkenhead, and is a Chief Examiner for GCSE Biology. He has co-authored seven successful textbooks for HarperCollins, covering GCSE and International GCSE Science and Biology.