Up to 2 WeeksUsually despatched within 2 weeks
Elections A to Z explains how campaigns and elections, the hallmark of any democracy, are conducted in the United States. The new Fourth Edition has been redesigned and updated with new entries covering the vital current elections topics that readers want to know about.
Entries range from short definitions of terms like "front-runner" to in-depth essays exploring vital aspects of campaigns and elections, such as the right to vote, turnout trends, and the history, evolution, and current state of House, Senate, presidential and some state-level elections.
Readers will find essential information on:
- stages in the campaign process and the general election
- the roles of political consultants, the media and political parties
- debates and issues such as term limits, majority-minority districts and campaign finance
- amendments, legislation and court cases that have shaped electoral, campaign, and voting matters
- voter turnout and voting rights in the United States
- important terms and concepts like 'absolute majority' and 'dark horse'
- highlights of presidential elections throughout U.S. history.
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9780872897694
4th Revised edition
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36