Engineering surveying involves determining the position of natural and man-made features on or beneath the Earth’s surface and utilizing these features in the planning, design and construction of works. It is a critical part of any engineering project. Without an accurate understanding of the size, shape and nature of the site the project risks expensive and time-consuming errors or even catastrophic failure.
This fully updated sixth edition of Engineering Surveying covers all the basic principles and practice of the fundamentals such as vertical control, distance, angles and position right through to the most modern technologies.
* An introduction to geodesy to facilitate greater understanding of satellite systems
* A fully updated chapter on GPS, GLONASS and GALILEO for satellite positioning in surveying
* All new chapter on the important subject of rigorous estimation of control coordinates
* Detailed material on mass data methods of photogrammetry and laser scanning and the role of inertial technology in them
With many worked examples and illustrations of tools and techniques, it suits students and professionals alike involved in surveying, civil, structural and mining engineering, and related areas such as geography and mapping.
- publication date: 23/02/2018
- ID: 9781351377867
- book language: en
- publisher: CRC Press
- publisher imprint: CRC Press
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes