English Educational Policy - Contemporary Challenges in a Historical-Comparative Context
Arleta Suwalska (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
The book addresses contemporary ideological discourses concerning education in the United Kingdom. It provides a synthetic analysis of the roots of the political changes in education in the UK from the tenth to the first decade of the twenty-first century, with particular emphasis on the last hundred years. It presents British political and education thought during the tenth through the sixteenth centuries, then in the Age of Enlightenment, showing the roles of the positivist current in British education, the Chartist movement, and educational changes related to them. The remainder of the book focuses on the trends and stages of educational development up to World War II, the postwar reform of the education system in England and Wales, the neoliberal trend in the educational policy of Britain, and the genesis of the 1998 educational reforms in England and Wales and their consequences up to 2013.
About the Author
Arleta Suwalska is a lecturer in the department of education theory in the faculty of educational sciences at the University of Lodz. She was an Erasmus Lecturer at the University of West Hungary in 2016 and participated in the Erasmus+ program in 2016. She has written articles about British education in both English and Polish.
- Contributor: Arleta Suwalska
- Imprint: Uniwersytet Jagiellonski, Wydawnictwo
- ISBN13: 9788323342724
- Number of Pages: 240
- Packaged Dimensions: 169x241x9mm
- Packaged Weight: 288
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Uniwersytet Jagiellonski, Wydawnictwo
- Release Date: 2018-02-23
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Arleta Suwalska is a lecturer in the department of education theory in the faculty of educational sciences at the University of Lodz. She was an Erasmus Lecturer at the University of West Hungary in 2016 and participated in the Erasmus+ program in 2016. She has written articles about British education in both English and Polish.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.