Do you want to have more meaningful conversations in German? Do you want to feel comfortable in a variety of situations?
Based on authentic texts, such as songs, poems, and conversations between native speakers, this course will help you improve and build upon the language you already have so that you develop your skills to a level where you can enjoy communicating in German. Incorporating information about the culture, history and geography of Germany and its influence on the language, you will be introduced to the more advanced points of German grammar, as well as more colloquial language, and develop your vocabulary so you can express your opinion on a number of topics, as well as react to other people's opinions.
What will I achieve by the end of the course?
By the end of Enjoy German you will have increased your capacity to understand the spoken and written language, and furthered your ability to communicate with German speakers, orally and in writing. This course aims to take you to a solid intermediate level. You will reach an Advanced Low to Mid level of the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) proficiency guidelines / B2 level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Is this course for me?
If you already know some German and want to take it further, this is the course for you. It's perfect for the self-study learner, with a one-to-one tutor, or for the post-beginner classroom.
What do I get?
A coursebook with over two hours of audio on CD that features:
- Ten units that cover more complex situations than your basic tourist scenarios
- Carefully levelled and sequenced material - a solid path to build up your knowledge
- Authentic texts, such as poems, songs, excerpts and conversations to present the language
- Learn through the Discovery Method which helps you notice and retain the language you learn
- Learn to learn - tips and advice on becoming a better language learner
- Easy to use workbook format.
What else can I use to learn German?
If you require an absolute Beginner course, you can try our Get Started in German: 9781444174625
If you want a comprehensive Beginner to Intermediate course, you should try our Complete German: 9781444177398
Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years.
- publication date: 27/08/2015
- ID: 9781473603097
- book language: en
- publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
- publisher imprint: Teach Yourself
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes