Environmental Sedimentology provides a comprehensive introduction to this rapidly expanding field which addresses the functioning and dynamics of contemporary sediment systems and how these systems respond to a range of both natural and anthropogenically-induced disturbance events. * considers a range of sedimentary environments; mountain and upland, fluvial, lacustrine, arid, urban, deltaic and estuarine, temperate coastal, tropical coastal, and continental shelf * aspects of sediment management and remediation are also considered as are the potential impacts of on-going and future climatic and environmental change * Readership: advanced level undergraduates in earth science, environmental science and physical geography, and graduate students in the earth and environmental sciences with an interest in contemporary sediment systems
About the Author
Chris Perry and Kevin Taylor are Readers in the Department of Environmental and Geographical Sciences, Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Contributor: Chris Perry
- Imprint: Wiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- ISBN13: 9781405115155
- Number of Pages: 452
- Packaged Dimensions: 190x244x31mm
- Packaged Weight: 1296
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Release Date: 2006-10-25
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Chris Perry and Kevin Taylor are Readers in the Department of Environmental and Geographical Sciences, Manchester Metropolitan University.