Featuring new expert contributing authors from across the country, this timely revision addresses all the important topics in the effective management of public health departments and agencies. Using a practical, nontheoretical approach, the book is ideal for the hands-on management of these complex organizations and their daily operations.
The Third Edition has been thoroughly revised with new case studies as well as the following new chapters:
* Chapter 2 Leadership and Governance
* Chapter 16 Public Health Performance Standards
* Chapter 17 Continuous Quality Improvement
* Chapter 18 Accreditation
* Chapter 21 Social (Electronic) Media
* Chapter 28 Starting a Health Board in the 21st Century
The text is accompanied by a complete package of instructor resources including a Transition Guide, Instructor's Manual, TestBank, and PowerPoint slides.