Ethnicity, Borders, and the Grassroots Interface with the State: Studies on Southeast Asia in Honor of Charles F. Keyes
John A. Marston (Contributor)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
This volume brings together exciting new research by anthropologists working on mainland Southeast Asia, in honor of anthropologist Charles F. Keyes. It addresses concepts central to Keyes's own work-ethnicity, religion, and modernity-as they can be applied to the countries of Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. In addition to three sections covering different aspects of anthropological research, the book also contains a biography of and interview with Keyes and a selected bibliography of his work. 1 illus.
About the Author
John A. Marston is a professor and researcher at the Center for Asian and African Studies of El Colegio de Mexico in Mexico City.
- Contributor: John A. Marston
- Imprint: Silkworm Books
- ISBN13: 9786162150722
- Number of Pages: 300
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x203mm
- Packaged Weight: 340
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Silkworm Books / Trasvin Publications LP
- Release Date: 2014-06-02
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: John A. Marston is a professor and researcher at the Center for Asian and African Studies of El Colegio de Mexico in Mexico City.