DescriptionNo matter how good a driver is, in technology-led Formula One he is at the mercy of the competitiveness of his car. What are the factors that make a car capable of running at a competitive pace in qualifying and the raceAlthough there is much secrecy in Formula One, each year this in depth review of the sport?s engineering gets below the sponsors liveries to explain precisely what is going on at the heart of the machines and the secrets of those that are quick.Contents include:- Intro: THE EDITOR - Cutting the cost of racing in Formula One should not be at the expense of its technology aspects- Grid: IN THE NEWS - Some impacts of the 2018 regulation changes, the role of data in winning races, the issue of protecting composites from heat, and more?- In Conversation: MARIO ISOLA - Lawrence Butcher talks to Pirelli?s head of car racing to gain an insight into the complex task of developing tyres for Formula One- Dossier: 2018 SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO STR 13 - Becoming Honda?s de facto works team left Toro Rosso with little time to prepare for the 2018 season. But as Lawrence Butcher reports, that wasn?t a problem- Technical review: FORMULA ONE 2018 - Lawrence Butcher quizzes some of the teams about their development approaches for 2018- Insight: THE HALO - Improving driver safety with the Halo has left engineers with a major structural challenge, as Lawrence Butcher explains- Update: FORCE INDIA - Lawrence Butcher continues his reports on this comparative minnow on the grid by looking at how the team overcame the challenges of 2017-18- Insight: MACHINING - Ricardo?s machine shop master gives Lawrence Butcher an inside view of how to meet Formula One?s demands for specialised components- Insight: COMPOSITES - Lawrence Butcher explains how a technique known as topometry optimisation is used to produce reliable composite components using the minimum material- PS: REGULATION - Changing the Formula One regulations to encourage overtaking overlooks the fact that some teams will always dominate the sport
About This Subscription
What Will I Receive?
• Please note that this magazine subscription is delivered directly to your chosen address by the publisher, and does not come in a gift pack
• Your subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not be the current issue that is available in the shops at the time of order.
When Will I Start Receiving My Subscription?
• As soon as you place your order we will take payment from you, email you a summary of your order and, pass your order to the relevant magazine publisher.
• Once the publisher has confirmed the order (this may take up to 10 days) we will email you confirmation of this, along with delivery estimates for your 1st issue.
As a guide (for UK Publications), please allow:
• 3-5 weeks for Weekly publications
• 5-9 weeks for Monthly publications
• 13 weeks for Bi-monthly and Quarterly Publications.
Orders for magazines printed outside of the UK may take an additional 2-3 weeks.
- ID: 9018000019107
- barcode: 9771759006001
- product type: magazine subscriptions
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: No
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: No