Far From the Madding Crowd: (Collins Classics)
Thomas Hardy (Author)
HarperCollins is proud to present its new range of best-loved, essential classics. Here is one of Thomas Hardy's most popular novels, soon to be released as a major motion picture in May 2015. 'I shall do one thing in this life - one thing certain - that is, love you, and long for you, and keep wanting you till I die' Independent and spirited, Bathsheba Everdene owns the hearts of three men. Striving to win her love in different ways, their relationships with Bathsheba complicate her life in bucolic Wessex - and cast shadows over their own. With the morals and expectations of rural society weighing heavily upon her, Bathsheba experiences the torture of unrequited love and betrayal, and discovers how random acts of chance and tragedy can dramatically alter life's course. The first of Hardy's novels to become a major literary success, Far from the Madding Crowd explores what it means to live and to love.
Also available on eBook for £4.49. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Thomas Hardy (1840-1928) was one of the most significant novelists and poets of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. His novels include 'Far from the Madding Crowd', 'The Mayor of Casterbridge', 'Tess of the d'Urbervilles' and 'Jude the Obscure'.
- Contributor: Thomas Hardy
- Imprint: William Collins
- ISBN13: 9780007395163
- Number of Pages: 480
- Packaged Dimensions: 111x178x30mm
- Packaged Weight: 260
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
- Release Date: 2010-07-08
- Series: Collins Classics
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Thomas Hardy (1840-1928) was one of the most significant novelists and poets of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. His novels include 'Far from the Madding Crowd', 'The Mayor of Casterbridge', 'Tess of the d'Urbervilles' and 'Jude the Obscure'.