This text introduces important concepts related to the consumption of fashion and clothing to beginning students. Designed to support teaching and learning, this book looks at the cultural and economic significance of the global fashion industry. Beginning with an historical overview of fashion consumption, the book then provides an analysis of both rational normative consumer decision-making as well as hedonic and alternative consumption patterns. It concludes with a look at ethical decision-making and social responsibility concerning design, production, and consumption. Each chapter contain definitions of the key concepts, overviews of the relevant theories, case studies, summary sections, a listing of key terms, questions for discussion, and assignments for class use. Combining insights and perspectives from a wide range of disciplinary approaches, including fashion, cultural studies, sociology, and business, this book will be of interest to students on a variety of courses studying consumer behavior. 32 bw illustrations
About the Author
Jennifer Yurchisin is Assistant Professor at the Department of Consumer, Apparel, and Retail Studies, University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Kim K. P. Johnson is a Professor in the Retail Merchandising Program at the University of Minnesota.
- Contributor: Jennifer Yurchisin
- Imprint: Berg Publishers
- ISBN13: 9781845207984
- Number of Pages: 224
- Packaged Dimensions: 172x244x12mm
- Packaged Weight: 342
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Release Date: 2010-10-01
- Series: Understanding Fashion
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Jennifer Yurchisin is Assistant Professor at the Department of Consumer, Apparel, and Retail Studies, University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Kim K. P. Johnson is a Professor in the Retail Merchandising Program at the University of Minnesota.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.