Feminist Counselling in Action: (Counselling in Action Series 2nd Revised edition)
Jocelyn Chaplin (Author)
Praise for the First Edition: `One of the best, and clearest, descriptions of the significance of the imposition of "masculine" patterns of thought on a culture... a lucid and non-jargon-fraught account of the strands of thought which make up the feminist approach to and adaptation of psychotherapy' - The Guardian For counsellors, therapists, trainees and others who want a deeper understanding of how society affects them psychologically, the revised and updated edition of Feminist Counselling in Action is the ideal resource. Drawing on feminist theory, Jocelyn Chaplin points to the deeply entrenched, hierarchical ways of thinking which permeate every level of our lives. The author presents an alternative rhythm model that when applied in counselling increases self-confidence, `wholeness' and improved relationships. In this model, the counsellor is not seen as the expert or the doctor, and the client is not a patient. They are two equal but different people using `clues' to understand and improve the life of the client. To illustrate, the author includes vivid case examples throughout.
Also available on eBook for £34.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Jocelyn Chaplin has been in private practice for many years in West London. She co-founded the Serpent Institute and leads workshops in London and Greece using the `feminine' way of rhythm and flow.
- Contributor: Jocelyn Chaplin
- Imprint: SAGE Publications Inc
- ISBN13: 9780761963110
- Number of Pages: 160
- Packaged Dimensions: 138x216mm
- Packaged Weight: 210
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
- Release Date: 1999-07-29
- Series: Counselling in Action Series
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Jocelyn Chaplin has been in private practice for many years in West London. She co-founded the Serpent Institute and leads workshops in London and Greece using the `feminine' way of rhythm and flow.