Comprehensive, single-source coverage of the entire second year of medical school!
First Aid for the Basic Sciences: Organ Systems, Third Edition is a unique single-source review of the entire second year medical school curriculum. This full-color, richly illustrated, and engagingly written resource provides readers with a solid understanding of basic sciences relative to human organ systems which all medical students must be familiar. When used with the companion review First Aid for the Basic Sciences: General Principles, Third Edition, this powerful combination distills must-know course information to help students survive their first two years of medical school and provides an in-depth review for the USMLE Step 1.
* An essential companion during your first two years of medical school
* Includes important foundational content most other reviews leave out
* Focuses on the high-yield topics and facts tested on the USMLE Step 1
* Enhanced by full-color images, learning aids, tables, and concise text to streamline your study and help you excel in coursework and on the USMLE Step 1
* Provides a complete framework for understanding anatomy, embryology, pathology, and pharmacology by organ systems
* Mirrors the table of contents of First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 to facilitate side-by-side study
* Written by students who aced the USMLE and reviewed by top faculty
Tao Le, MD, MHS, is Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Allergy and Immunology at the University of Louisville. He is also affiliated with the Division of Allergy and Immunology at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Contributing Authors Faculty Reviewers Preface How to Use This Book Acknowledgments How to Contribute Chapter 1: Cardiovascular Embryology Anatomy Physiology Pathology Imaging Pharmacology Chapter 2: Endocrine Hypothalamus and Pituitary Thyroid and Parathyroid Adrenal Gland Pancreas Chapter 3: Gastrointestinal Embryology Anatomy Physiology Pathology Pharmacology Chapter 4: Hematology and Oncology Embryology Anatomy Pathology Pharmacology Chapter 5: Musculoskeletal and Connective Tissue Embryology Anatomy Physiology Pathology Pharmacology Chapter 6: Neurology Embryology Histology Pathology Pharmacology Chapter 7: Psychiatry Basic Definitions and Concepts Pathology Chapter 8: Renal Embryology Anatomy Histology Physiology Pathology Pharmacology Chapter 9: Reproductive Embryology Anatomy Physiology Pathology--Male Pathology--Female Pharmacology Chapter 10: Respiratory Embryology Anatomy Histology Physiology Pathology Index About the Editors