Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for more than 80 years.
One of the country's most idyllic getaways, Napa and Sonoma charm visitors with superb wineries and wine, trendy restaurants and intimate resorts, and pampering spas. Time may seem to stand still in the iconic California countryside with its rows of leafy vines, but the luxury and sophistication here are thoroughly modern.
This travel guide includes:
* Dozens of full-color maps
* Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
* In-depth breakout feature on visiting the wineries provides a step-by-step look at wine touring and wine production, along with tips for tasting and a "winespeak" glossary
* Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what's off the beaten path
* Coverage of Napa, Yountville, St. Helena, Calistoga, Sonoma Valley, Healdsburg, Geyserville, Russian River, and West County
Planning to visit more of California? Check our Fodor's state-wide travel guide to California and also Fodor's San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego guides.
For over 80 years, Fodor's Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler's trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. Our books make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.