An action-packed, saucy food comedy featuring one boy's determination to be top chef!
Soma Yukihira's old man runs a small family restaurant in the less savory end of town. Aiming to one day surpass his father's culinary prowess, Soma hones his skills day in and day out until one day, out of the blue, his father decides to enroll Soma in a classy culinary school! Can Soma really cut it in a place that prides itself on a 10 percent graduation rate? And can he convince the beautiful, domineering heiress of the school that he belongs there at all?!
In the frigid north of Hokkaido, Totsuki's first-year students face their greatest challenge yet-the advancement exams! Dean Azami sees Soma and the gang as resisters of his administration, so he hits them with everything he's got, fair or not. Will the kids find a way to triumph over his shady tactics and advance to their second year, or will Azami freeze them in their tracks?!
* Releases 6 times a year for 22+ volumes. Series is ongoing.
* Both seasons of the anime are currently streaming on Hulu.com and Crunchyroll.com.
* Serialized simultaneously in Weekly Shonen Jump digital magazine, which has also featured Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.
* Story line is both crazy and funny and will appeal to a wide range of fans, including those of widely popular reality cooking shows like Hell's Kitchen, Iron Chef America, and Top Chef.
* Each volume includes recipes for the reader to try at home.
Yuto Tsukuda won the 34th Jump Juniketsu Newcomers' Manga Award for his one-shot story Kiba ni Naru. He made his Weekly Shonen Jump debut in 2010 with the series Shonen Shikku. His follow-up series, Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma, is his first English-language release. Shun Saeki made his Jump NEXT! debut in 2011 with the one-shot story Kimi to Watashi no Renai Soudan. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma is his first Shonen Jump series