A rhyming text about three funny fish and scary-looking big fish with very sharp teeth. Two of the funny fish are brightly coloured but vane, while the third funny fish is brown. The big fish comes along and eats the two brightly coloured fish, but the dull brown one is able to hide safely among the stones on the sea bed!
* Yellow/Band 3 books offer varied sentence structure and natural language.
* Text type - A story with patterned and predictable rhyming language.
* There is a Funny Fish game on pages 14 and 15 to boost speaking and listening skills.
* Curriculum links - Art and design: Mother nature, designer; Citizenship: Living in a diverse world.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
Michaela Morgan has written many popular books for children. Her work includes junior fiction, picture books, poetry and non-fiction. Among her many achievements she is an award winning author, short-listed for the Blue Peter Book Award, the Children's Book Award, named an International Reading Association Children's Choice and won a United Kingdom Reading Association award. She has contributed to many school book weeks, INSET courses and conferences. Her work is published internationally.