'This is a fantastic book which provides creative and practical suggestions of how to engage all children in writing'
- Sarah Martin-Denham, Senior Lecturer in Primary Education, University of Sunderland
This book is a practical guide designed to stimulate story writing in the early years and primary classroom. It offers a collection of novel and effective Ideas which can be used by educators to energise, excite and motivate children to willingly write stories across the 3-11 age phase.
Each chapter offers creative and innovative Ideas to get children writing stories, including:
- how to help children 'see the point' of story writing
- how speaking and listening, reading and phonics can be utilised to enhance written stories
- how technology can facilitate refreshing story writing
- how story writing can be physically interactive.
By combining theory with practice, this book is ideal for those training to teach the 3 to 11 age range, those beginning their teaching career, and those who are established in their professional role.
Simon Brownhill is Senior Teaching Associate at the University of Cambridge.