Great Writing bridges the gap from ESL writers to mainstream writers!
The Great Writing series uses clear explanations and extensive practical activities to help students write great sentences, paragraphs, and essays. Each book contains a wide variety of writing models in carefully selected rhetorical styles that provide practice in working with the writing process to develop a final piece of writing.
* An all-new level, Great Writing Foundations introduces students to the basics of sentence structure, grammar, spelling and vocabulary for writing.
* Impactful National Geographic images open every unit and help to stimulate student writing.
* Updated "Grammar for Writing" sections help students apply target structures to the writing goals.
* "Building Better Vocabulary" activities highlight words from the Academic Word List and encourage students to use new words in their writing.
* Student writing models help students focus on specific writing skills and multiple rhetorical structures
Dr. Keith Folse is a Professor of TESOL at the University of Southern Florida. He is the author of 57 textbooks on a variety of subjects from grammar to vocabulary to composition, including five best-selling books in the Great Writing series by National Geographic Learning. Elena Vestri Solomon is currently a lecturer in the B. Ed program for future teachers in Abu Dhabi's Emirates College for Advanced Education. She received her MA in Applied Linguistics from the University of South Florida, Tampa, and has lived and worked in Italy, Spain, France, Hungary, Romania, Uzbekistan, and UAE. She has authored/co-authored over a dozen academic textbooks in composition, grammar, and listening/speaking/note-taking. April Muchmore-Vokoun is a faculty member in the English for Academic Purposes Department at Hillsborough Community College (HCC) in Tampa, Florida. She has taught in intensive English, college-level, and worksite study ESL programs. Her current academic interests include reading and writing skills as well as listening-speaking strategies. Additionally, she has had extensive experience in the areas of international student advising and event programming.
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9781285750712
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36