Greece: (Dictionaries of Civilization 3)
Stefania Ratto (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
This gorgeously illustrated, compact volume considers the entire civilization of ancient Greece, including Magna Graecia's colonial expansion. In color photographs and text, the book offers views of virtually all aspects of ancient Greek life, from the material needs of the people to their artistic culture, from political and administrative organization to the religious cults, and from urban structures to architectural typologies. Archaeologist Stefania Ratto has infused the commentary with accurate, well-informed, and up-to-date scholarship while keeping it lively and accessible, and the clarity of the book's design makes Greece an attractive and inviting introduction to the classical period. A fantastic guide for both the traveler and the general reader, "Greece" is a welcome addition to any library. 323 color illustrations, 18 b-w photographs, 19 line illustrations, 2 maps
About the Author
Stefania Ratto holds a degree in archaeology of Magna Graecia from the University of Turin, Italy, and a master's degree in classical archaeology from the University of Lecce, Italy.
- Contributor: Stefania Ratto
- Imprint: University of California Press
- ISBN13: 9780520256477
- Number of Pages: 384
- Packaged Dimensions: 137x194x28mm
- Packaged Weight: 680
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Release Date: 2008-05-13
- Series: Dictionaries of Civilization
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Stefania Ratto holds a degree in archaeology of Magna Graecia from the University of Turin, Italy, and a master's degree in classical archaeology from the University of Lecce, Italy.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.