Growing Up with Audrey Hepburn: (Inside Popular Film)
Rachel Moseley (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
The first full length academic study of Hepburn's star persona and films featuring reseach into the experience of British women who have admired her in the 1950s, 1960s and the 1990s. Examines the historical specificity of discourses of feminity circulating around Hepburn and her female fans, suggesting that the flexibility of Hepburn's image has contributed to her enduring appeal. Makes a significant contribution to the growing field of star studies. Argues that class and gender are siginifcant factors in the relatonship between stars and audiences. -- . Illustrations, black & white
About the Author
Rachel Moseley is Lecturer in Film and Television Studies at University of Warwick -- .
- Contributor: Rachel Moseley
- Imprint: Manchester University Press
- ISBN13: 9780719063114
- Number of Pages: 272
- Packaged Dimensions: 138x216mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Manchester University Press
- Release Date: 2003-01-02
- Series: Inside Popular Film
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Rachel Moseley is Lecturer in Film and Television Studies at University of Warwick -- .
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.