Collins Big Cat Guided Reading Handbooks provide a continuous programme of teaching and assessment that take every reader from phonics to fluency.
* Detailed support for both collaborative guided reading sessions and independent sessions for every Big Cat book.
* Supports practice of reading comprehension strategies through focused, targeted lesson plans and resource sheets,
ensuring every pupil reaches age-related expectations.
* Includes advice for demonstration and modelling in every lesson plan, supporting pupils in developing key skills such as inference and deduction from the start.
* Vocabulary Boost sessions for every book to extend pupils' expressive and receptive vocabulary.
* Formative and summative assessment opportunities to fully assess pupil progress in reading.
* Matches to the current programmes of study for English, Science, History and Geography.